Gradings News

AGM agendas, proposals, minutes and discussions.
nats
Site Admin

Gradings News

Post by nats » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:50 am

Received from Simon Evans via Martyn:

Hi all,

Bar a couple of late payments, all we probably expected to apply for 2020 Cards have done so.

A couple of clubs still have insurance to supply, but I won’t worry about that until end of March.

I know some thought C grade was not well supported last year in the gp series, despite there being well over 100 C grade card holders!

In truth, I don’t think there will ever be a large entry of C grade shooters, genuine ones that is. I don’t know many that want to travel all over the country to not hit many targets!

While the system can predict a shooters potential grade this year based on recent results, It can’t predict who will attend, neither can I!

Working on this, I have looked at the grades for this year on Active shooters at Bfta shoots, those that have done at least 3 BFTA shoots in 2019 and 2018 and at least one of those results must be from last year.

This gave us roughly 195 “active” shooters, so not a huge amount!

There is little point in looking at the results of shooters who never or hardly ever attend a Bfta shoot.

Thus I have shifted the boundaries particularly with AA.

Truth is, if you’re in AA, there are very few who actually win, generally those that achieve 90%+ @ Bfta shoots.

I think a better description of AA shooters is “Those that usually are in the top 10 ay Bfta shoots”

Of course there are those that want to say they are AA, but their results say otherwise! I don’t see the point in boosting numbers in aa who never have a chance of winning or coming in the top 10?

I am waiting on one or two last minute things, but on Sunday I expect rough figures to be;

AA - 89% + ( About 33 card holders, most of whom are active. This still over the 15% of active shooters, thus in line with what we have been using for the last couple of years)

A -78 to 88.9 % (about 135 shooters, not all active)

B – 66 to 77.9.9% (about 135 shooter, not all are active)

C – 0 to 65.9 % ( about 106 shooters, 27 of which are active!)

Cheers

Anschutz 9015 Stumpy edition. EV2 Blonde

SuffolkRifle

Re: Gradings News

Post by SuffolkRifle » Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:42 pm

Think that there's a typo in the B grade figures :mrgreen: